HEALTH & SAFETY
COVID-19 ‘New Normal’ Measures | Collection Vais
The evolving COVID-19 pandemic has brought health and wellbeing at the forefront of all our minds, more than ever before. Collection Vais has always been dedicated to providing exemplary service and ensuring comfort, always prioritizing safety to both our guests and employees and these values, are mandating our thoughts and actions now more than ever.
Thankfully, Greece has done a great job so far in containing the pandemic and has managed to be among the first countries in Europe in terms of “flattening” the curve. With most lockdown measures lifted, we are now adjusting to the ‘new normal’ and new safety measures defining our everyday lives, while the tourist season officially re-opened on June 15. Incoming travelers will not need to take a coronavirus test or remain in quarantine but random tests may be performed. Emphasis will be given to early identification and thorough tracking of cases, locally in testing centers set up even in small, remote islands.
We realize that amidst this unusual period, traveling will need to continue following new rules and safety parameters. We have been therefore working hard and have put a number of measures in place to enable guests and agents to book with confidence and to rest assured that all health and safety procedures are strictly implemented on the premises of their vacation home this summer.
Flexible Cancellation & Payment Policy
Addressing the concerns of future guests, we are currently offering additional levels of flexibility by relaxing our standard cancellation policy, facilitating the decision-making process, and commitment levels to book their villa for this upcoming summer. For any new booking, we offer free cancellation up to one week before arrival. This way our guests can still secure their preferred property, with more time to make up their minds and make final commitments.
Health and Sanitation Protocol
We are monitoring the information that becomes available about Covid-19 and are closely adhering to guidance from the major official sources. An official health protocol is being currently in use, aiming to set the new standards in travel within the current Covid-19 crisis, following the regulations of the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). From our end, we have already enhanced our standard cleaning and social distancing operational processes , setting a rigorous sanitation protocol, which will be dynamically modified to include any additional measures suggested by the official guidelines and which we will be implementing for all of our villa rentals this summer.
It is our priority to make sure that our guests are happy and safe in a meticulously professionally sanitized environment, and that our staff is educated and effectively protected in the context of their work.
At the Property
– All of our villas are private, independent buildings with separate, personal entrances. There are no shared spaces, and no physical contact with other tenants is possible. – All of our villas will be equipped with hand-sanitizers and cleaning disinfectant throughout the premises. Protection kits consisting of masks, travel-size hand-sanitizers, and antibacterial tissues will also be available.
– Professional cleaning and certified, eco-friendly sanitization and disinfection, using electrostatic sprayers will take place in-between all bookings.
– A rigorous daily cleaning procedure will be in place, with certified cleaning products, as well as daily disinfection of higher risk areas, emphasizing common, frequently used surfaces, such as doorknobs, keys, remote controls, and mattresses.
– Air-condition units will be undergoing antimicrobial cleaning on a regular basis.
– The swimming pools, outdoor spaces, and all facilities on the property are private and exclusively available to our guests. Daily maintenance of the pool and disinfection will be carried out by certified professionals.
Throughout the years, it has always been one of our distinguishing priorities to always be available for our guests during their stay. This year, more than ever, all Collection Vais Villa Specialists and our Local Concierges will be supporting our guests, ready to handle any special request or attend to any of our guests’ concerns, at any time.
The Villa Staff
The Collection Vais team, as well as the villa staff and caretakers, are being continuously educated concerning new health and safety measures, due to Covid-19.
The villa staff either live in the property with minimal interaction with third parties or live close-by to the property and have instructions concerning their outdoor activities. Strictly enforced rules about the personal hygiene of on-site staff, based on the protective measures against Covid-19 recommended by WHO, such as wearing masks, hand hygiene, physical distancing, and continuous health checks to ensure the good health of the staff employed on the premises will be applied.
Strictly enforced rules about personal hygiene as per above will also be applicable to our collaborating personnel such as drivers, car rental agencies.
Should guests feel more comfortable in a staff-free environment, preferring a socially distant, private sphere, we will work out a plan, based on a minimum – or completely staff-absent stay.
Any specific cleaning/disinfecting protocols that guests may prefer, will be carefully implemented at the property.